Friday 20 April 2007

The World's Next Top Models

ok so this is the cover every fashionista is talking about. The May 07 US Vogue Cover, featuring (what they consider to be) the World's Next Top Models.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

who are they?
(L-R) Lily Donaldson, Hilary Rhoda, Doutzen Kroes, Sasha Pivovarova (tricky eh?), Caroline Trentini, Raquel Zimmerman, Jessica Stam, Chanel Iman, Coca Rocha and Agyness Deyn.

Lily Donaldson:
20
IMG
First discovered: while shopping in Camden, by Select models, in 2003.

Hilary Rhoda:
20
IMG
Big break: after landing in Paris for SS06 collections, was cast by none other than Nicholas Ghesquiere of Balenciaga.

Doutzen Kroes:
22
DNA
Campaigns: Gucci, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Escada, Dolce & Gabbana, Valentino, Versace, Neiman Marcus.

Sasha Pivovarova:
21
IMG
If she wasn't modelling..: "I love to draw! I want to be an artist!"

Caroline Trentini:
19
Marilyn New York, Paris, Sao Paulo
First discovered: when she was 13, walking down a street in Panambi, Brazil, by the same agent who scouted Gisele.

Raquel Zimmerman:
26
DNA
Big Break: In 2003 after walking with the likes of Gisele, Heidi and Tyra in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

Jessica Stam:
21
IMG
Campaigns: Marc Jacobs, Anna Sui, Vera Wang, Valentino, Miu Miu, Gucci, Prada, DOlce & Gabbana, Versace, Armani, BCBG.

Chanel Iman:
16
FORD
Born to walk: "I used to dress up as a model for Halloween, like every year," she laughs. "I would study all the magazines and practice all my poses and my walk."

Coco Rocha:
18
ELITE
Plans: Coco plans to quite the industry when she's 20 and go to university.

Agyness Deyn:
20
DNA
Idols: Joe Strummer, of the Clash...and Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols.



Honestly? I'm not sure what I think...I like the actual cover, but i'm not sure that I agree with all of these models. The lack of Lily Cole, and Gemma Ward for a start just irks me, but I'm just not sure these girls are all ready to take on the world...? Only time will tell...

*Romany*

No comments: