Tuesday 24 April 2007

All hail Alannah Hill

As you can probably tell from the name of this blog, i love femininity! Especially feminine fashion...It's is the ultimate expression for a female.
So it should come as no surprise that my favourite designer is the über feminine fashionista Alannah Hill. Hailing from Tasmania, before moving to Melbourne at 17 and was almost immediately snapped up to work in a fashion store, this glamazon started her mega successful label 9 years ago.
Ok so i know this is the SS collection from last years Mercedes Australian Fashion Week, but I just loved it so much I had to show it. Alannah describes this collection as being "inspired by love, sex, glamour, chocolate and ornaments on a mantle piece. The collection is opulent with beautiful long florals frocks, which go on forever..." Couldn't have put it better myself...:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(sorry if you can't see it that well) This opening outfit (left) is so original...Elegant, yet fun and flirty at the same time. The hair sort of bothers me though. I love the colours of the second one. They work so deliciously together. The necklaces are perfect, and the shoes are devine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These two dresses are my favourites from this collection. The black one is feminine, chic and with a hint of vamp. The brown one is playful and could be worn anywhere with the right accessories.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These ones are a little less my style. I originally thought the girl in green was wearing a skirt, but then when I looked closer I noticed they were high-waisted shorts, and that put me off a little, but the colours are lovely, and the shoes and necklace are pretty cute. I like the purple outfit more. This is more of an everyday/work outfit. I fell in love with the colours the moment I saw them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love love love this floral dress! There were quite a few dresses like this in this collection, but this was my favourite. It's very country club brunch on a sunday afternoon type of dress :-). The blue dress, I'm not sure you could actually wear this out. It's more of a nightgown. But it's still the cutest nightgown I've ever seen.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What I love about Alannah Hill is that she's daring. You wouldn't find many headpieces like this in an ordinary SS collection. This dress is so cute, but again you probably couldn't wear it out.
And the designer herself. Instead of the usual jeans and t-shirt with a headset, she's dressed to the nines at her own fashion show. Gotta love that.

*Romany*

No comments: