Sunday 6 May 2007

Fleur Wood at RAFW

This was a very simple collection from Fleur Wood. I found myself being reminded of a small country town in the American south. Fleur used what looks like a country-style house as a backdrop, to add to the southern feel. This collection was very practical, which I loved, but it was also very pretty and feminine (which I also loved ;-).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This first dress is so perfectly matched with the theme of the show. I don't think I love this one, but I can't stop looking at it, so I don't know what to think now. The outfit on the right is very cute. Quite plain, but in a good way. One could imagine wearing this to work on a balmy summers day.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(left) I love this dress! Everything about it. I would buy it right now if I could. It's pretty, feminine and practical (although maybe not so much for me, in the bust area). (right) This is probably my least favourite outfit of all these, but I thought I'd put it up just to show that there was some diversity in the collection, and that it was edgy as well as homely.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love the colours of the left outfit. It's very spring, but very autumn as well. However, it doesn't look like it could be worn by anyone besides a supermodel. That being said, it could be used as a this-will-motivate-me-to-get-in-shape outfit perhaps? The same could be said of this (right) outfit, I guess. Although this one at least covers the arms (a weak spot of mine, I must admit). This one is also quite plain, but still quite pretty.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I love this dress on the left. It looks like it could possibly be used as a contemporary wedding dress...The colour, the shape, the material...perfect. (right) This outfit seems a little out of place. Perhaps Fleur strategically placed all the outfits in a lineup that demonstrates the transition this collection goes from southern to modern, this being the last outfit? I don't see the point in that though, it's just a silly thought I had. The outfit in itself, is quite nice. Well styled. A tad boring, but I still like it.

*Romany*

No comments: