Tuesday 1 May 2007

Alex Perry at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week

Wow. I really like this collection. I have only recently discovered Alex Perry's beautiful designs, ever since I started watching this year's Australia's Next Top Model (I wasn't really paying attention to the judges last year), and have been thoroughly impressed.
Although I (along with many other regular sized teenaged girls and women in the world) could probably only ever dream of fitting into his dresses, looking at them serves just as much pleasure. :-)
Alex Perry is not what you'll find yourself wearing on the everyday occasion, unless you're famous. The label is full of evening gowns...and boy are they stunning.
Here are a few that stood out:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ok for the first outfit out, he probably could have picked something a little more interesting, but the dress (if you can even call it that, it's so short) is still very pretty. It's glamorously athletic :-). (right) I am loving the bubble dresses (again, it's so short it's hardly a dress) of recent SS collections. The colours are very winter-y though. But we can never get enough winter in my opinion.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The dress on the left is a little bit plain, but I put it up here because I love Sam, the model. She's gorgeous, and is definitely on the fast track to making it big. (right) This dress is very fitting with the futurisic styles showing up in fashion weeks around the globe. Again, it's a bit plain, but I love the shape of the dress.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This rainbow dress is stunning, that's all I can say. The green dress on the right is cute, but it would work better as a top, in my opinion. I like that he's created a signature style for this collection: the neck-brace thing is of-the-moment.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(left) I love this dress, some people say that floral designs for spring are boring and predictable, but I think they're gorgeous, when done right. This is an example of floral done right. (right) I don't know what to think of this dress. I think I like it...Maybe it's just the model's facial expression that's putting me off..?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am about 90% positive that the model on the left is Steph H from Australia's Next Top Model...am I the only one? The dress on the right is (like the other rainbow one) absolutely stunning. It's even better because it's being modeled by Miranda Kerr. :-)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

(left) Ok now I know this model is Alice from Australia's Next Top Model. And I swear I saw Danica in one of the dresses before as well....maybe they're the final 3? Maybe this is the final challenge? We'll just have to wait and see...The dress on the right is simply perfect for a final outfit. Simple, elegant, and has the neck-brace thing again. Love it.

Can't wait for his next collection!

*Romany*

No comments: